SRE/RM Opportunity – Research Consultancy
Our client is a full service research consultancy based in Kent and less than an hour from the centre of London.
They work with predominantly public sector clients, with Education offering one particularly exciting growth area, but also looking to explore new areas in the private sector, including pharmaceuticals and financial services.
They work with clients on a variety of market research and brand strategy projects. Recently they have worked with clients on positioning their brand, developing new propositions and launching new products. Their projects are always strategic in nature and they will usually work with clients over an extended period.
They’re methodologically neutral, with most researchers within the business conducting quantitative and qualitative research (face-to-face and online). They also look to incorporate additional data sets where needed including EPOS and social media data.
This role will help to design and manage quantitative and/or qualitative research projects, to add value and support more junior team members.
- To co-ordinate project teams to produce excellent research with all audiences to deliver on project objectives
- Signs off Discussion Guides and questionnaires when required
- Running focus groups (online and physical) and interviews
- Leads some workshops and events on-site and online
- To support more junior colleagues’ analysis of quantitative and qualitative research
- Building understanding of client needs and helping to provide thoughtful, actionable findings in response to project objectives
- To deliver debriefs to clients when required
- To manage projects and interactions with clients highly effectively to ensure satisfied clients and colleagues
- To build project design projects and write proposals when required
- Experience working with quantitaive, qualitative or mixed-method primary research
- High level of critical thinking – able to move beyond the ability to summarise the main findings of a project and to spot the ‘narrative’ that runs through a project
- Working with junior colleagues to develop their analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of company and project targets
- Ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ on small/common projects and direct small projects
- Self-motivated – Challenging yourself; Proactively taking steps to improve own performance and widen understanding
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – able to present to more senior audience (with a more senior colleague)