Business development opportunity for a boutique neuroscience research agency with proprietary tech looking to enter a new phase of rapid growth – based in London with international offices.
Our client measure brain activity for brand advertisers (KFC, Nestle, Mastercard, Diageo, etc.) and media owners (BBC, Chanel 4, New York Times, etc.) to test the impact of advertising on long term memory and its ability to generate an emotional response.
They are (almost) literally reading people’s minds – a pretty invaluable resource for clients!
Utilising the most advanced academic thinking together with a body of proprietary tech to optimise media in a way that goes beyond what’s possible with traditional research methods.
The UK office (based in London) is looking for a business development manager to take on responsibility for new business development at an exciting time for the business under their new CEO.
They need someone who can find new leads, put together proposals, shine in pitches, schmooze at events and be a part of a project right through to the debrief. This is for someone confident with new business development / sales.
There will be great opportunities to be involved with conferences and get introduced to some really interesting people within the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hit budgeted revenue targets for new business
- Identify prospects, develop and maintain contacts
- Generating new business leads and driving conversion to sales
- Planning and attending new business and marketing events, including platform speaking
- Writing and/or finalising new business proposals
- Proactively managing new client relationships until migrated to account teams
- Contributing to growing existing clients and maximising profitability of business done with them
The base salary will come with the potential to earn a significant performance-based bonus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be approachable
- Knowledgeable in the marketing and/or insight field preferred
- Or you may have a background in neuroscience
- Enthusiastic and inspiring personality and a curious nature
- Strong communication skills. Able to comfortably communicate with senior client teams
- Excellent presentation and numeracy skills
- Proactive in seeking out new business
- Have strong networking skills
- Able to clearly prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Be a strong team player
- Not be afraid of sales and new business development