We are working with a global strategy and innovation boutique based in central London, who have a brand-new opening for a Head of Futures Research.
Founded 15 years ago, they are a challenger innovation agency delivering breakthrough products, services, brand and business models for some of the world’s most well-known brands across consumer goods, fashion and media.
They use a proprietary model to develop innovations such as:
- A whiskey for 24-30-year-old UK males
- An on-the-go breakfast drink for a global cereal brand
- A global brand positioning for a sports media company
- A sustainable protein powder for a Chinese manufacturing business
- A concept brewery of the future
This agency regularly conducts futures work as part of their offer, for example, future forecasting, scenario planning and client safaris; but they do not consistently pursue these projects. As a part of their growth strategy, they see great potential for the right Head of Futures to develop a new revenue stream.
Reporting to the Group CEO and sitting on the leadership team, you will get to use your knowledge, ability and drive to build a new futures brand from scratch with exciting products that will make a significant mark on the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a current or emerging industry leader, with proven skills and an exciting vision for futures research.
- Has ability to give unique perspective on human behaviour, cultural existing v emerging cultural norms and shifts, scenario creation and the wonderful communication of these stories to inspire innovation.
- Has existing commercial relationships and a track record of inspiring clients with new thinking and ground-breaking futures techniques and solutions.
- Relishes an opportunity to exercise fresh ideas and develop game-changing products, tools and processes.
- Has experience recruiting and coaching teams, bringing vision, personality, direction and clarity to projects.