We’re working with a great opportunity to join our client as an Insight Analyst, working to increase access to mobile internet as a tool for international development.
Our client is an organisation representing the mobile phone industry worldwide. They perform a whole variety of functions for the industry but this particular role will sit within the team- based in Central London- focused on increasing access to mobile internet across international markets to promote further development.
The role sits within the team that aims to increase access to mobile internet in developing markets. In particular they focus on the most under served populations globally, namely women, youth, low income and rural populations.
The team works to understand issues around both supply and demand for mobile services. Areas including the infrastructure mobile network operators need to grow coverage cost-effectively on the supply side (the infrastructure required to grow 3G+ coverage cost-effectively), and things like consumer awareness, perceptions of mobile internet and barriers to adoption relating to demand.
THE ROLE – Insight Analyst
As Insight Analyst you will be part data analyst, part researcher.
You will need to take a data-driven approach to answering questions and producing insights about digital inclusion in low- and middle-income countries, with a particular focus on supply.
In particular the role will involve…
- Evaluating different innovations in infrastructure with the purpose of demonstrating social impact and commercial sustainability
- Providing advisory support to internal and external stakeholders in developing countries to assist their efforts in expanding mobile internet adoption.
- Analysing mobile operator subscriber and financial datasets to draw out insights on customer behavior
- Assess the financial performance of innovative network solutions and using those findings to provide strategic recomendations
- Making use of publicly available data sources to support the team with further insights
- Developing understanding of industry trends through engagements with relevant industry stakeholders
- Supporting the Senior Insight Manager and Insight Director on a range of projects utilising diverse methodologies- data analysis, quantitative research and qualitative research
- Disseminating engaging insights through blogs and co-authored reports
As Insight Analyst role will be as a part-data analyst, part-researcher, so they are looking for someone with some experience as one or both. They need someone with strong excel skills and experience with other packages such as Python or SPSS would be nice as well.
They also need someone with an interest in promoting development in low- and middle-income countries, and ideally some interest in the mobile phones sector.
Think it could be you? Send your CV!