We’re working on a fantastic opportunity based in London. This is an Insight Manager role for a research agency who are looking for an experienced quantitative researcher. You will be leading an important account, having access to one of the biggest players in the market. This is a great role for someone who is looking to get strong stakeholder management experience in financial services. As Insight Manager, you’ll expand upon your customer experience and tracking credentials.
Are you up to the challenge?
Founded in 1992, our client has 27 years of experience providing quality insights to companies interested in improving their customer loyalty. With over 50 employees in offices based in London, Edinburgh and Bristol, this growing company is one to look out for. They understand that loyalty is complex and employ bold approaches to access hard to reach audiences for their clients.
- The client list includes big clients such as Virgin, Lloyds and TSB.
- They have their own in-house platform, a cutting-edge bespoke data service which allows their clients to come out on top in retention and customer loyalty.
- They value those who challenge the status-quo: collective wisdom does not provide actionable insights when confronting complex questions.
This is a unique opportunity to get hands-on stakeholder management experience with a household name in the financial services arena. You’ll get the chance to improve upon your customer experience and client handling skills.
- The role will involve a substantial amount of tracking work, up to 70%, and you will also be producing surveys, questionnaires and NPS primary research pieces.
- The Insight Manager will line manage, leading junior members and helping them to grow into great researchers.
- You will design, propose and drive successful projects to deliver profitable and successful work for key client stakeholders.
You will be a quantitative researcher with five years’ experience in commercial research, with excellent communication skills and a history of successful relationships with clients. Ideally, you will have line management experience and strong competency in the MS Office package. You will also have a degree, ideally in a business or related field.
Send us a copy of your CV and tell us a convenient time to speak.
If you know someone who we might be able to help then let us know. If we manage to find them a job, so long as we’re not in contact with them already, we will pay you £250 as a thank you. It could be the easiest money you ever make! And you’d be helping a friend. And we’ll be very grateful. A win-win-win!