Our client is a leading boutique data consultancy providing cutting edge data solutions across mainly Media/TV, Telecoms, retail, software development and gaming. They provide a full spectrum service from data strategy, data architecture through to analytics, predictive modelling, business intelligence and data visualisation.
Due to a very strong performance in 2020, they are looking to add a Junior BI Developer (Data Visualisation) for Tableau / Qlik to the team.
Reporting into a Data Visualisation Lead, you will form an integral part of our data and analytics team. You will help deliver meaningful and impactful solutions for your clients. Working mainly with customer and marketing data, making best use of data visualisation capabilities across platforms. You will have a consistent record of using visualisation standards and best practices to design and deliver intuitive, well designed solutions.
There is an exciting development path for this role, with exposure to all levels of our organisation and opportunities to experience all elements of the project lifecycle, from inception through to delivery.
- Use Cases and Functionality Specifications – partnering with clients and translating their business needs into technical requirements
- Wireframes – production of relevant, detailed wireframes to support visualisation design and stakeholder engagement
- App development – working to designs and specifications to deliver well-structured reporting solutions
- Data analysis – assessing new datasets for potential exploitation opportunities
- Documentation – to hand over designs and solutions to the client (both business and technical)
- Presentation – presenting a range of outputs to clients for feedback and approval
- Graduate calibre
- 1-2 years relevant experience in data visualisation
- Enthusiasm to grow a deep skill set in Tableau or Qlik, and be on path toward certifications
- Strong SQL user, Alteryx, Python, and/or R would be a bonus
- Experience using large data platforms. Teradata, Netezza or similar (desirable).
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- You are likely to already have a portfolio you enjoy sharing
Influencing clients to look beyond the immediate data and reporting challenges, you will guide them towards integrated and sustainable solutions, setting them up for long-term success.
You may be currently working at a consultancy or on the clientside and looking to broaden your skill set.
Salary guide is to 40k base depending on experience. Full suite of benefits including bonus, health insurance, training, flexi hours, remote working.