Our client is a UK headquartered research and knowledge-based consulting firm, specialising in the consumer electronics, media & entertainment, IT Infrastructure, Pro AV, Collaboration and Broadcast Tech sectors. They deliver unique, proprietary analysis, data and insight to a truly global client base, supporting tactical and strategic decision making.
We are looking for a UK-based market research analyst with Mandarin skills for this position. You will be focussing on the Chinese tech sector, from both a research and client liaison perspective.
- Develop relationships with key contacts across industry segments. Conduct interviews with relevant industry participants to better understand their strategies, and gain market insight and data.
- Contribute to the management and development of proprietary datasets including market sizing, long-range forecasting and vendor performance.
- Create written insight and analysis in the form of blogs, reports, press releases and presentations.
- Support ongoing client requirements, providing ad-hoc insight as requested and pro-active delivery of relevant insight.
- Play an active role in the delivery of presentations and workshops to clients, drawing on your own research to deliver unique and valuable insight.
The ideal Research Analyst
- 2-3 years’ experience in a business insights or industry analyst role.
- A proven track record in building a personal industry contact network for the purpose of primary research and /or data/knowledge exchange.
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong numerical capabilities, confident in managing and manipulating complex datasets.
- Experience of presenting data and insights to clients.
- Demonstration of excellent analytical & investigative skills
- Proficiency with MS applications – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Naturally inquisitive, adaptable and self-motivated
- Good command of written and verbal English & Mandarin, Mandarin language skill is required.