We are working with a legal start-up for an NLP Senior Data Scientist to work on an ethical legal product, designed to reduce the cost of access to justice. The business is founded by a highly regarded and accomplished law firm. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a start-up environment with the financial backing of an established firm. Based in South London, their office is only 15 minutes from key commuting stations. Central locations such as Charing Cross or London Bridge are 15 minutes away. You have the option to mainly work from home or the office depending on your preference.
The product is an automated writing service which drafts legal documentation. The aim of the product is to help achieve out-of-court settlements at low cost. This is largely a greenfield project where you will have large amounts of autonomy and the ability to direct the future of the product.
What we need from a successful Senior Data Scientist
- Commercial experience across all stages of the data workflow.
- Experience applying NLP within a business environment in a regulated industry.
- Commercial use of data tools such as NLTK and languages such as python. Moreover, as a senior member of the team, you will have input in to the tools you want to use in the role.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative subject from a top university.
- An understanding of business needs and an awareness of how to create a commercial impact.
- Fluent English
Experience in start-up environments and tangible interest in ethical causes is a big bonus.