Senior Research Director
We’re working on a fantastic opportunity based in Singapore. Our client is looking for a skilled Senior Research Director, someone who has experience in commercially focused research and acquiring new business for their company. A move out to Singapore has some great benefits including low taxes and world class public services such as education. This is a rare chance to experience a vibrant culture and economy, the most economically competitive country in the world. Consistently ranked is the best city to live in the world for Expats, Singapore is perfect for those who want to experience life abroad.
Are you up to the challenge?
Founded in 2001, our client is one of South-East Asia’s best performing consumer insights and data content providers. Here’s some key info:
- They work with a diverse client list, including Adidas, Uniqlo, Paypal, Breast Cancer Foundation, the government of Singapore and the National Environment Agency.
- One of the fastest growing market research agencies, growing by double digits for the past 4 years in a market which only grew 6% globally in 2018. They’ve gone from 17 employees to over 50 in the last 4 years.
- They specialise in public policy, social policy and government research. Work involves both ad-hoc and tracking research. They also have a substantial commercial section, a multi-million-dollar arm of their business. They have a background in working with financial services, tech and retail companies.
This is a unique opportunity to escape the same old, same old and to expand your horizons within one of the world’s most exciting cities. You’ll be taking an active role in growing the commercial arm of the business, prospecting new clients and opportunities via your initiative. You will be prospecting clients from a wide variety of sectors, from FMCG to commercial airports. You will help drive the business into the future, leading a team of 10 directly and a further team of 8 indirectly.
This is a chance to flex your skills, providing high-quality insight into an exciting and emerging market. You will be managing commercial projects end to end, working with some of the world’s biggest brands while providing world-class insights and solutions.
The role will entail:
- Actively looking for new business by employing a variety of selling and pitching techniques
- Being responsible for profit growth by setting clearly defined and reasoned business targets
- Up skill the research team by expanding upon their business development skills
- Innovate the companies research skills, achieving high level on-going client relationships
- Guide team members on research projects, ensuring accuracy and high quality
- Provide guidance and problem solving wisdom, collaborating with the team and management to ensure projects are on track
- Oversee data visualisation, helping the whole team to understand what makes for high level visual presentation
- The role requires you to mentor managers, passing on your knowledge and helping them to develop. Mentoring will involve helping them set goals, monitor their performance, and help them run the team. You will also work with HR and other senior team members to analyse problem points. You will help identify potential personnel risk, such as attrition, and help the company grow.
You will have a track record of client and account management with large businesses. As a self-motivated and driven individual with an entrepreneurial flair, you will lead the way in the commercial research sector. You will understand the difference between selling a product and being a world-class consultant for your clients. Interest in current affairs is a big bonus. You will have strong statistical skills, as well as a bachelors degree in business, psychology or related studies.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or have a general catch up on what you’re looking for, please send a copy of your CV and let me know a convenient time to speak.